Miss Podwika's Website
Welcome to my website! You can find contact information, homework assignments and some wonderful learning resources here. If you would like to contact me, please call 815-838-0542 extension 2130 or email me at email@example.com. Look below for learning websites. Please take time to read together every day. Thank you.
Google Classroom: Please check your child's Google Classroom Reading/Language and Math/Science/Social Studies Classrooms for assignments to be completed. Please remind children to "TURN IN" after completing each assignment, even if it using another website. Please read Parent Square messages from the district, principal and from me. The best way to contact me is through my email firstname.lastname@example.org. Writing in the Chat works when I am LIVE teaching.
HOMEWORK & DATES TO REMEMBER
Monday: 8:35 Attendance:40 -9:05 Math Live, PE Choiceboard, 9:30 Social Studies LIVE, 10:00 ELA LIVE, 10:20 ELA Independent, 10:45 ELA LIVE, 11:15-11:30 ELA independent work time, 12:20 Math LIVE, 1:00 Math independent work, 1:30 MUSIC LIVE, 2:00 Independent work time, 2:30 Writing/Advisory.
Tuesday:8:35 Attendance 8:40 -9:05 Math Live, PE LIVE, 9:30 Science Independent work, 10:00 ELA LIVE, 10:20 ELA Independent, 10:45 ELA LIVE, 11:15-11:30 ELA independent work time, 12:20 Math LIVE, 1:00 Math independent work, 1:30 extra recess, 2:00 Writing LIVE, 2:30 Writing/Advisory.
Wednesday: 8:35 Attendance 8:40 SEL, 9:05 PE Choiceboard, 9:30 Math Live, 10:20 Reading/Language Live, 10:45 Writing Live, 11:00 Scholastic News or other multi-curricular activities. 11:30-12:30 Lunch and Recess, 1:00 Library/LRC Live, 1:30 Tech live, Finish assignments
Thursday: 8:35 Attendance 8:40 -9:05 Math Live, PE Choiceboard, 9:30 Science LIVE, 10:00 ELA LIVE, 10:20 ELA Independent, 10:45 ELA LIVE, 11:15-11:30 ELA independent work time, 12:20 Math LIVE, 1:00 Math independent work, 1:30 ART LIVE, 2:00 Independent work time, 2:30 Writing/Advisory.
Friday: 8:35 Attendance 8:40 -9:05 Math Live, PE LIVE, 9:30 Social Studies independent work, 10:00 ELA LIVE, 10:20 ELA Independent, 10:45 ELA LIVE, 11:15-11:30 ELA independent work time, 12:20 Math LIVE, 1:00 Math independent work, 1:30 Extra recess, 2:00 Writing Live, 2:30 Writing/Advisory.
Think Central GO MATH
Reading: We will read many stories and nonfiction pieces as well as poetry. I am sure we will have some interesting discussions.
Reading Words alike, singular noun, plural, singular noun, difference, producer, consumer
Spelling: made, late, name, same, nine, time, line, mine, hope, hole (dig), cube, use, some, done, gone
This link is about geography: http://www.sheppardsoftware.com/web_games.htm
Birthdays: Milne Grove Birthday Celebration Policy: Children are invited to celebrate their birthday at school by visiting the principal’s office for a special birthday book. In addition, students are permitted to bring in a NON-EDIBLE treat to share with every member of his or her class. This could be a book or game donated to the classroom, or it might be a small non-food token to pass out to each child. If you plan to hand out personal invitations to classmates at school, we prefer that this takes place off of school grounds or by mail. However, we do allow students to hand out invitations to their classmates at the end of the school day as long as EVERY child of the same gender (or every boy or every girl) in the classroom receives an invitation. The school will not provide addresses for invitations, nor will we permit students to pass out invitation if these guidelines are not followed.
Favorite Websites: (Parents please check websites before allowing your child to use each site.) 1.www.quizziz.com (The teacher needs to turn on the site.)
2. www.quizlet.com 3. Christmas Lights Fact Practice 4. ESPARK.APP
5, Multiplication Gingerbread House 6. READTHEORY.ORG 7. The Most Amazing Race to 1000 8. Speed Addition Facts DICE
9. Whooosreading.org 10. SECOND GRADE MATH
11. FRECKLE (READING and MATH) Login First Name, Last Initial, Class Code: podwi7
12. Solid, Liquid, Gas 13. GO MATH Think Central 14. Flipgrid Book Reviews 15. Flipgrid Rainforest Questions 16. Rainforest Answers 17. Landform Facts 18. Balloon Pop Subtraction 19. Fireworks Number Chart
20. Chimney Even and Odd 21. Eduplace Number Line 22. Eduplace Adding, Subtracting and Graphing
23. Facts about grasshoppers 24.READWORKS.ORG 25.Flipgrid 26. Book Reviews 27. Flipgrid Landform Facts 28. Halloween PBS KIDS GAME 29. ABCYA Fun Factory, Fix all mistakes then click CHECK.
Fun Reading Sites
1. FABLES 2. Storylineonline.net 3. Capitals Roy the ZEBRA
4. Let's Play Kahoot (We use this site at school with our teacher. We have to be online with our teacher for the site to work.) 5. NEW Reading Comprehension
6. Vocabulary Pinball 7. VERBS IN SPACE 8 GETEPIC 9. Reading Bear Phonics
11. CONTRACTIONS GAME 12. Abcya.com Lots of Educational Games 13. WORD O RAMA (FUN game to learn words and their meanings.)
14.Spelling GAME Practice Second Grade Words 15. 16. Rhyming Words: PBS FREEZE 17. Road to Grammar: Scroll to the topic we are studying or a topic to review.18. Starfall (Please read the stories near the bottom of the site. The site will read to your child.) 19. Antonyms 20. Prefix and Suffix 21. 22.Brain Pop Main Idea Quiz 23. Brain Pop Explore 24. http://www.brainpopjr.com/readingandwriting/word/nouns/ (Brainpop Nouns)
25.Analogy Site 26. CHINESE FOLKTALES 27. Rhyming Words Game 28. ABC order game 29. COMPOUND Words Game 30. Sight words: Context and Definitions Games 31. Phonics Games 32. Roy the Zebra Reading Games 33. Singular and Plural Possessive Noun Game 34. Harcourt Noun Game: Plural, Singular Possessive and Plural Possessive 35. MOBYMAX Learning Site. 36. NOUN Explorer (Feed the Fish)
37. Adjective Adventure (Feed the Spiders) 38. Fun Introduction to Nouns, Verbs, and Adjectives 39. Punctuation Mark Chameleon 40. Magical Capitals (Proper Nouns) 41. HANGING MONKEYS, beginning reading 42. BrainPOP Plural Noun Memory Match 43. Adverb Game 44. VERB FORM GAME 45 Long Vowel Practice 46 Get and Go Vocab 47. Roy the Zebra Capital Game 48. Matter Properties 49. Waterproof Flexible 52. Spelling Plural Nouns Game 53. Plural Play Bingo 54. Plural Nouns Game 56. Irregular Plurals Memory Match Zebra 59. 60. Book Adventure 61. Goodbye Curtis Vocabulary Game
62. Synonym/Antonym Game 63. NOUNS
64. VERBS 65. Ending Punctuation 66. NOUNS: Common, Proper, Singular, Plural 67. Cause Effect Game 68. Common Proper Nouns 68. Contraction Games
69. Antonym Games (Play Basic and Advanced Levels)
1. Math: Place Value with Sharks 2. Spin the Wheel 3 digit subtraction 3. MATH IS FUN(Skip Counting) Search for more activities on this site. 4. Ten Frame GAMES/PRACTICE(Become an EXPERT at counting using ten frames.)
5. CANDY CASHIER 6. SPACE FACTS 7. Second Grade Math
8. EManipulatives Press the 1,2,3 to see the answer for base ten blocks after using the stamper to choose tens and ones. 9. Extra Help Instruction for Math.. (Do not click yellow arrows until the speaker is finished.)
10. TWO digit numbers with blocks and DOLPHINS 11. SHARKS: Two digit numbers
12. EVEN ODD Ninjas 13. XTRA MATH14. Hundreds Chart Practice 15. Math fact Practice ABCYA.com 16. Monster Match Fact Game 17. Part Part Whole Addition 18. SAVE THE APPLES ADDITION AND SUBTRACTION 19. Part-Whole Story Problems
20. Grand Slam Math 21. Brain Pop Angles 22. Brain Pop Comparing Prices 23.Making Change 24. Perimeter
25. Math You See 26. Find Area and Perimeter 27. Math You See
28. Multiplication (Online Multiplication practice)
29. ADD FRACTIONS 30. Measurement Conversion site 31. Numeration 32. Roman Numeral Challenge 33.Tables and Formulas (Area and Perimeter) 34. PERIMETER GAME 35. Math: Tic Tac Toe Squares 36. Making Change 37. Math Fact Practice 38.TRY BUG COORDINATES
39.Spacey Math (practice Math facts) 40.Geometry 1 (Matching Game) 41. Geometry 2 (Angles) 43. Fruit Splat Place Value
42.Geometry 3 (Shape Quiz) 44. Really Big Numbers 45. Brain POP Tally Charts and BAR GRAPHING (Free) 46. Do You Know Geometry? 47. AREA 48. Roman Numerals
49. PERIMETER 50. Base Ten Fun (Do Count and Write) 51. Comparing Numbers
52. 53. 54. Math Games!!! 55. Addition Catch the Fish 56. Geometric Shape Names 57. Solid Shape Match 58. Vertices, Angles, Faces
59. Math-Play.Com 60. Perimeter
61 ABCYA http://www.abcya.com/comparing_number_values.htm
62. Symmetry Practice
63. Clock. 64. Base TEN BINGO 65. COUNTING RODS
66. Easy Fractions 67. SET THE CLOCK 68. Digital Clock Quarter Hour 69. Can You Buy It: Counting Coins 70. Lots of Fraction Games 71. Quarters, Dimes, Pennies 72. NCTM GEOMETRY
74. Learn Fractions
75. Fraction Pizza 76. Golf Fractions
77. Multiplication Mine Jr. 78. AREA 79. Area/Perimeter
80. The Mouse ran up the Clock
81. Happy Numbers
82. 83. 84. Lines 85. Fruit Addition 86. Compare Numbers 87. Comparing Numbers ABC 88. Compare Fruit 89. MONEY and TIME 90. MONEY CROSSWORD 91. Fractions 92. Find the Carrots (Angles) 93. Math Challenge 94. Cat Coordinates 95. CLOCK teaching site 96. LEARNING COINS
97. Graphing Practice A
98. Graphing Practice B
100. Tables and Graphs
101. Line Plots
102. Create Line Plots 103. Measure Perimeter 104. Counting Caterpillar 105. Ranger Arranger
2. SHAPE IT UP 3. Find the State Game
1. Emperor Penguins 2. Coral Reefs
Copyright ©2020 by kpodwika for Milne-Kelvin Grove School District 91. All Rights Reserved.