, , , ,
Miss Podwika's Website
Welcome to my website! You can find contact information, homework assignments and some wonderful learning resources here. If you would like to contact me, please call 815-838-0542 extension 2130 or email me at email@example.com. Look below for learning websites. Please take time to read together every day. Thank you.
RED Home Folders: Please check your child's home folder every night. Remove graded papers and look for papers that may need to be completed for the office or for your child's teachers.
HOMEWORK & DATES TO REMEMBER
Monday: Spelling and reading vocabulary test Tuesday, Math fact sheet, practice all addition facts
Tuesday: Math: Practice facts. Reading and Spelling: Study words. Spelling test 12 will be Thursday. Vocabulary test Wednesday Good-bye Curtis.
Wednesday: Reading Class: Spelling test Th.
Thursday: Study reading and spelling words. Practice Math facts, sums of 13,14,15,16,17,18.
Spelling Test 12 (12/13)
Spelling test 13 (12/19)
Friday: LIBRARY DAY. :) Reading and spelling TEST 12/13, Thursday
Think Central GO MATH
Reading: Will study fiction focusing on comparing and contrasting characters and stories, setting, plot and characters. We will also read other selections including nonfiction and poems to increase reading fluency and comprehension.
Reading Words: appeared, rhythm, created, conductor, startled, imitated
Spelling: year, near, fear, tear, hear, here, deer, dear, first, third, thirst, bird, dirt, work, girl
(A differentiated list will be given to students who earned 100% on their pretest.)
Language: We are studying nouns, verbs and adjectives.
Social Studies: We are studying communities and geography.
This link is about geography: http://www.sheppardsoftware.com/web_games.htm
Birthdays: Milne Grove Birthday Celebration Policy: Children are invited to celebrate their birthday at school by visiting the principal’s office for a special birthday book. In addition, students are permitted to bring in a NON-EDIBLE treat to share with every member of his or her class. This could be a book or game donated to the classroom, or it might be a small non-food token to pass out to each child. If you plan to hand out personal invitations to classmates at school, we prefer that this takes place off of school grounds or by mail. However, we do allow students to hand out invitations to their classmates at the end of the school day as long as EVERY child of the same gender (or every boy or every girl) in the classroom receives an invitation. The school will not provide addresses for invitations, nor will we permit students to pass out invitation if these guidelines are not followed.
Websites: (Parents please check websites before allowing your child to use each site.) 1.www.quizziz.com (The teacher needs to turn on the site.)
2. www.quizlet.com 3. Christmas Lights Fact Practice
5, Multiplication Gingerbread House 6. READTHEORY.ORG
7, The Most Amazing Race to 1000 8. Speed Addition Facts DICE
9. Whooosreading.org 10. SECOND GRADE MATH 11. FRECKLE 12. Solid, Liquid, Gas 13. GO MATH Think Central
Fun Reading Sites
1. FABLES 2. Storylineonline.net 3. Capitals Roy the ZEBRA
4. Let's Play Kahoot (We use this site at school with our teacher. We have to be online with our teacher for the site to work.) 5. NEW Reading Comprehension
6. Vocabulary Pinball 7. VERBS IN SPACE 11. CONTRACTIONS GAME 12. Abcya.com Lots of Educational Games 13. WORD O RAMA (FUN game to learn words and their meanings.)
14.Spelling GAME Practice Second Grade Words 15. 16. Rhyming Words: PBS FREEZE 17. Road to Grammar: Scroll to the topic we are studying or a topic to review.18. Starfall (Please read the stories near the bottom of the site. The site will read to your child.) 19. Antonyms 20. Antonym Game 21. 22.Brain Pop Main Idea Quiz 23. Brain Pop Explore 24. http://www.brainpopjr.com/readingandwriting/word/nouns/ (Brainpop Nouns)
25.Analogy Site 26. CHINESE FOLKTALES 27. Rhyming Words Game 28. ABC order game 29. COMPOUND Words Game 30. Sight words: Context and Definitions Games 31. Phonics Games 32. Roy the Zebra Reading Games 33. Singular and Plural Possessive Noun Game 34. Harcourt Noun Game: Plural, Singular Possessive and Plural Possessive 35. MOBYMAX Learning Site. 36. NOUN Explorer (Feed the Fish)
37. Adjective Adventure (Feed the Spiders) 38. Fun Introduction to Nouns, Verbs, and Adjectives 39. Punctuation Mark Chameleon 40. Magical Capitals (Proper Nouns) 41. HANGING MONKEYS, beginning reading 42. BrainPOP Plural Noun Memory Match 43.. Irregular Plurals 43. Adverb Game 44. Adverb Circus Game 45 VERB FORM GAME 46. Long Vowel Practice 47. Get and Go Vocab 48. Roy the Zebra Capital Game 49. Matter Properties 50. Waterproof Flexible 51. Reversible 52. Spelling Plural Nouns Game 53. Plural Play Bingo 54. Irregular Plural Match 55. Plural Teaching Site 56. Irregular Plurals Memory Match 57. Speed Word Plural 58. Irregular Plurals Zebra 59. 60. Book Adventure 61. Goodbye Curtis Vocabulary Game
62. Synonym/Antonym Game 63. NOUNS
64. VERBS 65. Ending Punctuation 66. NOUNS: Common, Proper, Singular, Plural 67. Cause Effect Game 68. Common Proper Nouns 68. Contraction Games
1. Math: Place Value with Dinosaurs. 2. Stop the Clock 3. MATH IS FUN(Skip Counting) Search for more activities on this site. 4. Ten Frame GAMES/PRACTICE(Become an EXPERT at counting using ten frames.)
5. CANDY CASHIER 6. SPACE FACTS 7. Second Grade Math
8. EManipulatives Press the 1,2,3 to see the answer for base ten blocks after using the stamper to choose tens and ones. 9. Extra Help Instruction for Math.. (Do not click yellow arrows until the speaker is finished.)
10. TWO digit numbers with blocks and DOLPHINS 11. SHARKS: Two digit numbers 12. EVEN ODD 13. XTRA MATH 14. Hundreds Chart Practice 15. Math fact Practice ABCYA.com 16. Monster Match Fact Game 17. Part Part Whole Addition 18. SAVE THE APPLES ADDITION AND SUBTRACTION 19. Part-Whole Story Problems
20. Grand Slam Math 21. Brain Pop Angles 22. Brain Pop Comparing Prices 23.Making Change
25. Math You See 26. Find Area and Perimeter 27. Math You See 28. Multiplication (Online Multiplication practice) 30. Measurement Conversion site 31. Numeration 32. Roman Numeral Challenge 33.Tables and Formulas (Area and Perimeter) 35. Math: Tic Tac Toe Squares 36. Making Change 37. Math Fact Practice 38.TRY BUG COORDINATES
39.Spacey Math (practice Math facts) 40.Geometry 1 (Matching Game) 41. Geometry 2 (Angles)
42.Geometry 3 (Shape Quiz) 43. Math Cats (A variety of interesting sites to help you learn more about Math! 44. Really Big Numbers 45. Brain POP Tally Charts and BAR GRAPHING (Free) 46. Do You Know Geometry? 47. AREA 48. Roman Numerals
49. PERIMETER 50. Base Ten Fun (Do Count and Write) 51. Comparing Numbers 52. Counting $ Less Than Greater Than 53.Solid Shape Match 54. Math Games!!! 55. Solid and Plane Shape Fish 56. Geometric Shape Names 57. Solid Shape Match 58. Vertices, Angles, Faces
59. Math-Play.Com 60. Perimeter
61 ABCYA http://www.abcya.com/comparing_number_values.htm
62. Symmetry Practice
63. Clock. 64. Base TEN BINGO 65. COUNTING RODS
66. Easy Fractions 67. SET THE CLOCK 68. Digital Clock Quarter Hour 69. Can You Buy It: Counting Coins 70. Lots of Fraction Games 71. Quarters, Dimes, Pennies 72. NCTM GEOMETRY
74. Learn Fractions
75. Fraction Pizza 76. Golf Fractions
77. Multiplication Mine Jr. 78. AREA
80. The Mouse ran up the Clock
81. Happy Numbers 82. MONEY BINGO 83. Dolphin Feed Money 84. Lines 85. Fruit Addition 86. Compare Numbers 87. Comparing Numbers ABC 88. Compare Fruit
2. SHAPE IT UP 3. Find the State Game
1. Emperor Penguins 2. Coral Reefs